Friday, June 15, 2012

5 Years Later...

Dorothann 2007


I've been out of high school since 2007. I'm old.  I admit with what I've done the past 5 years I had to push myself.  It wasn't easy.  In fact it was REALLY hard.  Its called growing up. Change.  I don't plan on attending high school reunion at Olympus. Its not important.  Why brag about my accomplishments? Why put myself in a situation where I will still be judged for being me?  Its not worth it.
 I don't mean to justify but in the past 5 years I:
    Went to college even though it was very hard sometimes...
    Had some self-realization moments, which were not easy to accept...
    Started dating...
    Accepted having a learning disability...
    Accepted that it would take longer for things to happen for me and forcing stuff wouldn't work...
    Traveled outside the U.S. twice...
    Started exercising and got a six-pack...
    Ate healthier...
    Did something selfless...
    Realized what remorsefulness truly was...
    Finally got what I wanted...
    Did the things that I wanted to do...
    Worked in a grocery store until I couldn't handle it anymore...
    Got help when I wasn't doing too well...
    Became a power player in student government and on campus...
    Stood my ground and said "No"...
    Made new friends...
    Learned being impulsive backfires...
    Learned to be a leader...
    Tried something I never did before...
    Believed in myself...
    Stopped saying a man would never want me...

 
Dorothann 2012

The list goes on and on.

No comments: