Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weekend Warrior: I did a Triathlon!

Swim, Bike, Run.  Never though I'd be able to pull something like this off but I did. Here's how it started: I signed up for the Griffin Dash n' Splash Triathlon at Westminster College.  I was a little nervous because I have NEVER done a Tri before in my life.  I figured I was in well enough shape so why not?

Swim:
The swim was about 300 yards in the pool.  I was in the 3rd wave with a bunch of old people and beginners. Not too bad.  Except my fly sucked really bad and the wetsuit felt too tight. But I had to share a lane and that was why.  My final time: 5:16. Sweet.
Bike: 
Cycling was 10 miles. I did it on a stationary bike and my cycling shoes didn't clip in right.  So I'm cycling like crazy at 100-150 reps per minute thinking,"Showing the haters your a boss." Results: 22 minutes.  I gotta step up my game on this one!
Run:
 Running was 2.5 miles. I HATE it. I'm not a runner. My parents even told me that.  I was outside running around Westminster in my wetsuit feeling the wind push me like an airplane.  I kept having to say the Trisigion prayer in my head to keep me going. I thought I was gonna die even though it was a small amount of miles.  Final: 20 minutes flat.  Not bad but I gotta cut it in half somehow.

I think I should just stick with open water swims or swimming competitions but I'd do another one of these again.




No comments: